- Pick a location that is suitable for plants that has an appropriate amount of natural light or full spectrum UV grow lighting.
- Using a level, measure and mark your drill holes. See below for grommet spacing on different Pockets. Space your Pockets 13" apart vertically for a flush living wall using Pro Pockets, 9" for Jr Pro Pockets. Multiple Pockets in the same row should share grommets and overlap; see diagram.
- Wally Pro Pockets: 22" between grommets
- Wally Jr Pockets: 16" between grommets
- Use the included hardware for the appropriate wall type. Anchors must be used on drywall and have a weight limit of 50lbs per Pocket. If drilling into wood, anchors are not necessary. The Pockets can be installed on drywall, brick, wood, and more: contact a local contractor for information on drilling into special substrates.
- If installing Drip Line irrigation, refer to the irrigation instructions. Install the irrigation line behind the Wally Pocket’s interior rear flap. Test the entire system prior to adding soil. Adjust drip lines so that they sit at the top of the Pocket, behind the tongue; drip lines should not bow into soil.
- Fill the pocket half way with premium soil. Soak the rootball in a bucket filled with room temperature water to refeed plant roots and prevent transplant shock. Once fully saturated, plant firmly against the rear flap. If using multiple Wally Pockets, plant from the top row down. Top off soil so that rootballs are covered and soil comes up to no more than ½ inch from the front of the pocket.
- Water ONLY on the rear interior flap with 3 cups of water per Pro Pocket, less for Jr Pockets; they must be watered with a precision watering device to prevent water saturation on the breathable front of the Pocket. If the breathable front panel becomes damp or drips, water more carefully and with less water the next time.